Learn what our planet means to Simply Computing and the ways we’re working with our customers and vendors to create a more sustainable future.
As a retailer of electronic devices, Simply Computing recognizes the impact that technology has on the planet and is committed to reducing its carbon footprint. By participating in events like Earth Day, we can demonstrate our dedication to protecting the environment and raising awareness about the importance of sustainable practices.
- Simply offers repair options rather than purchasing new - extending the life of your hardware and your bottom line
- Simply has a huge selection of preowned options - bring new life to an already loved device
It’s good for your Mac. When you trade-in your Mac or iPad and buy a new one, you give your old friend the opportunity of a second life.
- It’s good for the environment. Your old electronics contain many salvageable metals and components, so don’t dump them in a landfill. Simply stores are a free-drop off location for electronics recycling.
- It’s good for your bottom line. Trading in your gently used gear earns you credit towards your next purchase and even saves you money on the sales tax.
- Simply Computing has started a Keeping Communities Connected program which takes old computers, iPads and iPhones donated by our customers, sterilizes their cases and professionally wipes all their data. Then we find a new home for your old product by donating it to one of the many recovery and safe houses throughout British Columbia.
- Addiction touches the lives of so many. Almost everyone has a loved one who is affected, or even struggles themselves. Let’s help some of the most vulnerable in our community stay connected, stay clean, and stay alive.
- Safely recycle your old hardware with Simply Computing and our partnership with ERA
- Take advantage of our secure data erasure to ensure your data is safe
Why purchase a technician-certified preowned from Simply
- Buying a quality preowned device can be a great way to save money while still getting a high-quality device that can perform well for your needs.
- You can save money while still ensuring that your preowned Apple device is of high quality and has a comprehensive warranty that covers accidents.
- Simply Computing checks the history of all preowned devices to ensure that they have not been reported lost or stolen. This helps to prevent the sale of stolen devices and protects both buyers and sellers.
NEW VS. PRE-OWNED
- Cost: buying a used computer can be much less expensive than buying a new one.
- Availability: By buying used, you may be able to find the perfect computer that's no longer being sold new.
- Environmentally friendly: Buying a used computer saves the energy and resources that would have gone into manufacturing a new computer and reduces the amount of electronic waste.
- Minimal performance differences: If you're using a computer for everyday tasks like web browsing, email, and word processing, a used computer may be able to handle those tasks just as well as a new one